Baustatik Anwenderforum

XRST

Insener09
16.11.2009 15:13
Hello!
I recently start using xrst program. It seems that i got the principle of this program except one thing.
And these are supports of structure/frame system.  Each time when i think i did manage to determine the support conditions the program prompts a message that structure is unstable.
Can anybody explain me how do i have to determine these support conditions. Especially this rotation part.
Thanks!
Thomas Wölfer
16.11.2009 16:08

Hi.

>> Can anybody explain me how do i have to determine these support conditions. Especially this rotation part.

Well basically, the supports are fixed to nodes in your structure. that is, each node might have a support. ("Lagerung".). Each support covers 6 degrees of freedom. for each direction, it can be either completely fix ("Fest") or it can be defined using a modulus of resilience. (which, in case of xrst, is "fixed" at a value of 1e10 and "free" with the value of 0.)

When the program prompts a message about the structure beeing instable, in most cases this means there are missing supports for at least on direction. (for example, incase there is no support for the z-direction, the structure will obviously be instable in that direction.)

i'm not sure what you mean by "this rotation part", as there are not rotatable supports in xrst. (in "baustatik", which is actually the newer version of out 3d structure-frame software, rotated supports are supported.).

Hope this helps,
-thomas woelfer

Insener09
17.11.2009 09:06
ok!
I'm talking about this window named "lager erzeugen", where I can determine the spport conditions.  I understand the the label "Wegfedern(kN/m)" and how does it work.  But i do not understand the label "Drehfedern(kNm/rad)". How should i determine these conditions?
Thanks!
Thomas Wölfer
17.11.2009 12:15

Hi.

"drehfeder" is "torsion spring" in english. depending on you structure and load, the structure will need to support torsion in 3 directions. thats what this spring is all about.

hope this helps,
-thomas woelfer

Antwort verfassen